Opportunities for Trade
The next wave of economic growth in India will come from the so-called Secondary Cities. Mumbai, Bangalore, and many other cities known to the outside world have taken the first wave of investments, and are well established. Their opportunities are understood and in a relatively advanced stage of development. Beyond the 'big cities' lies a far bigger opportunity.
Take for example the state of Orissa.
With a stable Government in the State and under the dynamic leadership of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Orissa is about to embark on an ambitious state-wide economic development program. It is perfectly positioned to benefit from a variety of infrastructure developments. Having one of the world's deepest natural sea ports, and being located roughly in the middle of the Indian eastern seaboard with 480 km coast line, Orissa is poised to offer the best return on investment (ROI) of any business or industry currently open to foreign investment or collaboration.
Some of the investment opportunities include:
- Infrastructure Developments (airports, sea ports and roads)
- Fishing, Sea Foods Processing
- Power Supply and Management
- Sewer, Water and Waste Management
- Clean Energy
- Tourism & Maritime Activities
- Construction and Manufacturing
- Health Care Service and Management
- Education System; Development of Vocational Studies and International Affiliations